Sinister: tren phantasma

aconover at xxx.net aconover at xxx.net
Thu Dec 16 16:27:22 GMT 1999

first in a series...

i must apologize for yesterday's short horrible post, especially to
the fellow who chastised me about it. it was very late, and my mind
wasn't in the right place. but my heart was. maybe. that's a cliche.
so fuggit.

to the lad who's teaching himself the guitar: i'm doing the same.
i've had good luck with modern rock song, just because it's
beautiful, lovely, and only has three chords. DAG,DAG over and over
again. the instrumental break takes some practice, though, and sounds
like shit without a trumpet solo. sigh. i've also tried the state i
am in, but since i've only been playing it with three chords (G, C,
and D), i know for a fact that i'm doing it wrong. and mayfly is
nice, except for that nasty Bm, which i'm learning now (see prev.
post)

i scratched up my dad's guitar rather badly, playing a dan bern song
too loudly. he didn't get too mad though, so that's good.

i haven't bought any christmas presents yet. at all. oy. and i've
been reading the new york times, because it's good for the brain, you
know. good stuff.

i still have the wilted rose that a girl gave me after the show...
it's sad, because right after must have been when she decided that
she didn't want to "be more than we are." of course, i shouldn't mope
about it, because she has far more important things to be worried
about, like being kicked out of her house and getting into college
with no income. but the rose makes me feel sad anyway.

kill me, i'm so twee.

- adam

aconover at optonline.net
Tempus Fugit is at: