Sinister: still here

honey at xxx.org honey at xxx.org
Fri Dec 17 02:53:25 GMT 1999

The list's still functioning but I think (it's not clear, and they
didn't see the need to tell anyone) the provider Esosoft has taken away
any means of subscribing/unsubscribing for you all, and presumably you
can't set nomail etc.  If you try, you'll get a mail suggesting you do
this through the Topica site - it doesn't work, so don't even try.  I
also don't think I can do any admin so sorry if you can't post because
you have a list problem, or need unsubscribing - I just can't do it.
All this was done without my consent, to a service I pay for, and I'm
getting no response from Esosoft I'm afraid so far.

What this means is, because of Esosoft's exquisite timing, if you
forget to unsubscribe before you leave for Christmas there's NOTHING
I can do I'm afraid.  All I get back is the stock message that the
list's been transferred.

I'm looking for a new mailing list provider like mad, be assured -
click on the top link of the Sinister site for up to date info.  In the
meantime, keep posting as long as it works, and if you wish to
complain, please send something  to service at esosoft.com,
support at esosoft.com, and copy to myself at this address, and PLEASE
mention that you're writing for the "sinister at majordomo.net" list.  But
please do read the information on the WWW site first to make sure you
know the score.  And sorry I'm not up to personal replies at the
moment, but all will be well soon, I promise.

Night,
Honey