Sinister: the power of subliminal messages

stephen hewitt hewits at xxx.uk
Fri Dec 17 15:09:23 GMT 1999

I've noticed that everyone's been talking about hamsters this week,
strangely enough it seems to be ever since my last post which included rough
lyrics to cognoscenti vs intelligentsia by the Cuban Boys (ie the
hampsterdance song).  Spooky, eh?

Somebody asked about the "king of my castle" record.  I reckon it's

Must be a reason why I'm freeing my trapped soul

rather than "freeing my trestle", but who can tell in the crazy mixed-up
world of europop.

We had our Christmas "do" the other night, which was much humourous.  I was
the youngest of our group by quite a bit (which makes a change (see numerous
posts of mine with me moaning on about being an old bastard)).  There was
food, there was wine, there was gossip about affairs, there was a lot of
MIDDLE AGED PEOPLE DANCING BADLY to rather horrid music (he did play
"tainted love/where did our love go" by soft cell, full 12" version, which
redeemed it a bit).  It was just like sinister picnic really ;)

Only kidding (the middle aged people at picnics can dance really well).

Ooh yes, that new Mint Royale single with lovely lovely Lauren Laverne on is
fantastic and i suggest you all listen to it lots, certainly better than any
of the Rosita stuff i've heard.

Fight the Power and let honey know how much we all love him, go on, do it
now.

xoxo

CarsmileSteve

oh no, I just realised I'll have to send in a picture of my full 12" now...