Sinister: ampersand c

honey at xxx.org honey at xxx.org
Fri Dec 17 17:08:29 GMT 1999

Hi again.  The Esosoft machine continues and I'm not getting any reply
to my emails.  There's now a hundred or so "Esoshaft" list managers
gathered on a hilltop in a secret location and amassing weapons and
chewing tobacco and calling lawyers.  I've got one foot on the
artillery box and I'm checking my revolutionary lipstick is on straight
in a fragment of mirror stolen from the palaces of the rich.  Picture
in the photo gallery soon.

The line currently is that all the lists will be "transferred" to
Topica in the next week (do they know it's Christmas time at all,
la-di-da), and I've sent a "cancellation" of the auto-transfer so
goodness knows what happens when the lights go out.  I've also mailed a
lot of other providers and am waiting for replies, and followed up some
other leads from you lovely juicy people, so take this mail as a thank
you for now, ok?

Quite a few of you have sent *steaming* letters on to Esosoft too!
My goodness, aren't you supposed to be twee??  From now on can I
suggest you send them to ceo at esosoft.com, rather than the support
people, who are probably deleting them at a rate of knots - at least
I just mailed that address and it didn't bounce.  I'll send on the
others I've seen so far.  Oh and please, don't anyone even think of
bombing them with multiple mails, I know it might be tempting but we
play fair.

The very fragrant Alexander said this:

> We all know that you get what you pay for .....a free host is just
> that.....free and unstable. This is why we are experiencing problems
> with the list.

Just to make it clear, the list's still running (so far) but I still
can't do any admin for any of you.  The future *threat* is of a free
service - the problems we're experiencing now are because of a naive,
insulting and staggering display of unprofessionalism by a
*commercial* company, Esosoft.

He also said suggested you send me pieces of paper with monarchs on -
don't ok!  I'd die of guilt, it's peanuts, don't even dream of it.  If
you must, and you have one you want to throw out, send me a cuddly toy
or a Barbie.  Honestly.

Finally, because I'm being an agitant I suppose it's *just* possible
Esosoft might cut the service completely.  Highly unlikely, but if
you find the mailing list AND the WWW site disappears, I'll meet you
at

	http://messages.to/sinister

Paranoid moi?

Honey x