Sinister: winter kept us warm

P F pinefox at xxx.com
Mon Dec 20 15:58:55 GMT 1999

How queer. No digests for four days. Either a) the list is deceased, b)
no-one's mailing, c) I've signed off and forgotten about it, or d) I've been
taken off it for crimes against music. I've changed my plea to innocent,
especially now the Foxgloves won't be burning up the night air till 2000.
But if anybody's out there, let me register a good Christmas spirit round
here. Maybe it's (as someone once said) the colour of the sky; maybe it's
the prospect of setting a record and being out of all competitions by
Christmas Eve; maybe it's too many doughnuts. Probably it's the fact that
I've heard workmen, road diggin' men, singing 'Winter Wonderland'. (How
refreshing. How..) But I do want to wish everyone a merry christmas, or what
you will.

The turkey's getting hard to eat. The snow's picking up. They're selling
postcards of Alan Harper. I think I'd better make a move.