Sinister: hey-o, hey-o low-wah

Erica MacArthur macarthur at xxx.com
Wed Dec 22 18:50:28 GMT 1999

Dear List,

I went to a dinner party last week, and sang christmas carols in a ragga
style. Has anyone ever done a Belle and Sebastian song in a ragga style?
Ooh, Ooh, b&s content. Now, back to something entirely different.

I went to see Baxendale last night, and I'm still smiling. Shenna MC-ed on
the new version of Battery Acid. I know someone on this list that fancies
her alot, and he didn't turn up. Can I just say "Ha, ha, ha" please? Someone
tried to make me smoke dope in Finsbury park while I was waiting for my
train, but I said No Sir, I want my kisses to taste only of Coca Cola. And
they do, you know! skipping tickets and not drinking gin and tonics, I still
had change in my pocket to nip into town today and complete my christmas
shopping. That's the cuban boyz single and a couple of sherbet dip daps,
thankyouverymuch.

The thing about Baxendale is, you find it hard to believe they're not on pop
of the tops already. It's not just that they should be, they'd just look
*so* right there. Amelia from Marine Research kept bumping into me while she
was displaying some pretty impressive dance moves. She always said sorry,
but then did it again. I don't know, popstars eh? I decided the best thing
to do would be to shake my hips a little, and jerkily tilt my head a bit,
whilst trying to retain some form of composure. But then the
SUPERPOPELECTRONIX set in, and I couldn't help but jump around like everyone
else.

It was fantastic to be surrounded by a few people under the age of 25, too.
Me and my friend Dan ("I'm not a goth!") talked loudly throughout the first
band, bitching about their bass player.  People were none too impressed, I
have to say...but really, don't you ever get that feeling where you want to
shout "Shut up!" very loudly, and then pretend it wasn't you?

Happy christmas. Remember Y2K, The bug is coming..

Erica

More Adventures from Scarlet Towers:

http://www.chickpages.com/rants/golighty/index.html

"and in the currency of Crayons, red always seemed to be worth the most.
That was the one everyone wanted, that was the one everyone fought over."
Shirley Lee