Sinister: MOJO Jan 2000

David Moore Daf_Moore at xxx.com
Fri Dec 24 15:56:49 GMT 1999

Hi Guys 'n' Gals,

Reasoning that not too many of you read the above publication, as a public
service I reproduce below a short extract from it (Isobel on her solo
work):

"Some diehard Belle & Sebastian fans have accused me of being an egomaniac,
but you have to follow your own path. Last year I couldn't stop myself
writing songs - partly on the road, sitting in bed in my pyjamas playing my
guitar. They were the first ones I'd ever done which I thought were good
enough.

I paid for the studio time myself because I didn't want any pressure on. It
cost £4,000, but I enjoyed holding the reins and it's sold quite well -
about 20,000 in America - so I've got my money back and more.

The first concert in Leeds was scary until some men in the crowd shouted
encouragement and threw sweets and I told myself, Don't be silly. Since
then I've enjoyed playing live.

I've just bought a house so I was glad when Jeepster [Belle And Sebastian's
label] offered to finance another one which I'll work on after we finish
the band album we're recording now."

The same publication features a 14 page article on Nick Drake, & news for
all Kate Rusby fans on the list. The three of you can see her at Folk On
Two's award bash at The Barbican on Feb 7th. Bet Martin Carthy blows her &
her cute ringlets off stage.

Merry Christmas & so on,

David Moore
Chelmsford, UK