Sinister: Re: sinister-digest V3 #417

MM_KULIK at xxx.EDU MM_KULIK at xxx.EDU
Mon Dec 27 02:04:29 GMT 1999

Well, well.  I hardly ever write because the address I subscribed to this list
forces me to do so through telnet and I really hate that.  I could rectify the
situation but I don't see much of a need.  Anyhow though.  I hope everyone is
having a lovely holiday season.  I received the last two B&S CDs I needed to
complete my collection -- no more scratchy copy-of-a-copy-of-a-copy Tigermilk
tape.  Now if only they'd put the Evening Session on CD...Oh, and the other one
was Dog on Wheels, incidentally, of which I only had two songs on my bootleg
copy of Tigermilk which somehow got scratched up and skips to a degree I cannot
deal with.  So yay!!!

Christmas itself was pretty swell...I got many things that I asked for,
including this massive Russian dictionary that I had to ask for because I
couldn't afford it myself -- $50 US, so roughly 35 pounds.  And also a little
mini stereo to take back with me to Scotland -- oh, I didn't mention that I've
been living in Glasgow for the past three months studying at the Uni but that
I'm now home in the States for Christmas/New Year's/term break.  Nice.  But
strange to be back.  My dad painted my room a new color so I'm very
disoriented.  And I also left at the point when the kitten we got this summer
was still very tiny.  Now she's 6 months old, has her cat fur (i.e. no longer
as fluffy) and do you know how kittens have that cute little meow and then it
turns into an adult cat meow?  Well, that's what happened and she's all big and
it's sort of sad!  But she remembers me and I know this because she's been
following me around and sleeping in my room at night.  So she still likes me.
But I miss being in Glasgow and I will be flying back in less than two weeks!
Too bad I hate to fly.

p.s. Tiago -- you're right, Charlie Brown is very twee and I started listening
to the soundtrack from "Charlie Brown's Christmas" about 3 weeks before
Christmas, and everybody laughed because they said it was too early for
Christmas music but I love it.  But I especially like Snoopy.  Charlie Brown is
very sweet, though.

Well, I have gone on and on quite long enough, so I will leave you now.  But if
anyone knows of any meet-ups or worthwhile events -- of which there are many in
Glasgow -- please please let me know because I am always on the lookout but
somehow I always miss things!  Or if anyone wants to meet up let me know
because I would be more than happy to arrange something.  Or even if anyone
wants to meet up in the Phialdelphia area before January 8, which is when I
will be heading back.  Bye bye!!!

Moira