Sinister: 10, Brookside Close

David Moore Daf_Moore at xxx.com
Mon Dec 27 20:27:36 GMT 1999

Hi All (& A Happy Boxing Day to GHD),

It's your fringe media correspondent again, with too much time on his
hands. CH4 teletext p453 has a penetrating interview with Stu D conducted
by one John Earls. Edited highlights below for non UK/non TV people:

"OK Stu, what's your fave album?

"It'd have to be something by Elvis Presley. I don't have a preference
between his early and later period. His early period was the most
influential - I can't imagine how shocking he would have appeared. Then in
the 70's, to give the kind of performances he did when he was so ill is
equally inspiring."

Do B&S or Looper plan to inspire us this Millennium Eve?

"No plans to, no. And no plans for the new year, either. I should have a
good celebration with my wife Karn because I worry a lot about what's going
to happen on New Year's Day. Nobody seems to take the Millennium Bug
seriously in Britain, but I do. I've stocked up on a lot of tinned food.
No, I'm not joking!"

What's your product of the Millennium, then?

"Coca-Cola, of which I drink a lot. Regular, not Diet."

Millennium No 1?

"It won't have anything to do with what's the best song, it'll be a case of
whichever is the biggest band who chooses to release a record just
beforehand. Spice Girls would be the obvious choice."

Millennium Dome:

"Ah, who cares? Of course, you could say that there are many more deserving
causes, but when does Government money ever go to the deserving causes? I
won't be going so it's of little interest to me"

UK only bit, sorry. Sally says that Steve Lamacq will feature some live
Belle & Sebastian as part of his Fantasy Festival tonight, but we guess it
will only be a previously broadcast Bowlie song.

Bye now,

David Moore
Chelmsford, UK