Sinister: crucified santa and goodbye Curtis Mayfield.

kevin parker francis69soul at xxx.com
Tue Dec 28 06:03:45 GMT 1999

Festive greetings from Tokyo in the land of the
twee.Apparently last year one department store in
Tokyo chose to celebrate christmas with some lovely
posters of a crucified santa something got lost in the
translation.
I am not rerally sure why i am posting but this
morning I found out that Curtis Mayfield died on
Sunday and i am pretty upset. So rest in peace Curtis
I loved your voice. BandS content coming up i saw some
schoolgirls looking at their CDs the other day in HMV
and the general opinion seemed to be "Kawaii" which is
the only word i could understand but I believe this
means cute so there you go soon they will rule the
schools here too.oh yeah could any Uk listees tell me
if " The Great Escape " is on TV this year it was
always on TV on Boxing day when I was a kid everytime
I see it I think Steve Mcqueen is going to make it
over that bloody fence but he never does but he looks
pretty cool riding his bike, all his own stunts you
know, anyway so you believe he's gonna make it.
Anyyway so when its the middle of the night and he or
she has just popped up in your dreams again and you
think they are there beside you and of course their
not. Or when fuckin Margaret Thatcher appears on tv
and you get the same shiver of fear or hate of what
you might do to her if you got your hands on the evil
bitch as you did when you were at school. Then Curtis
is often the only man to listen to because he makes
you believe you are going to make it and that human
beings despite being capable of great cruelty are also
able to be absolutely beautiful. I'm just sorry he
didnt make it.
Kevin.