Sinister: Girls who tell tales of boys, and graze their knees

Erica MacArthur erica.macarthur at xxx.com
Wed Dec 8 12:28:26 GMT 1999

Dear Lot,

Hurrah, Lixi is back! and eating noodles! I'm not allowed to do that because
I'm on that diet where you don't eat any carbohydrates. Don't worry, I saw
it on THIS MORNING with Richard and Judy so it's all above board. Apparently
you can eat as many sausages as you like so long as you don't eat any rice.

Leya, or was it Sarah said:

> I talked to someone who used to be in
> Menswe at r...hehe...but thats a secret! :)

I saw the best looking rember of menswear in Carnaby street once, he looked
a bit scruffy. I heard the drummer was working in Shelleys on Oxford street
until he had a strop at an Italian man who wanted some snakeskin loafers and
promtly got sacked.

Look kids, Jeepster chat is evil. Everyone knows the cool cats hang out in
IRC's original.

>And the other night I 'met' Erica at the Jeepster site. She offered to
write some words for this song,

Dammit! foiled. Dear god, if people are turning to me for songwriting
advice, something must have gone very, very wrong somewhere. Last week, I
was in some silly bar in Soho, and Nigel Kennedy showed me where the toilet
was. I almost expected Jeremy Beadle to jump out of the shadows, complete
with clipboard and mack and shout "ha HA!".

Sarah said:
>Leyla is practically a full foot taller than me, we do
often dress the same,

Me and my much-noted friend Hannah Doll have quite the height difference as
anyone who came to the poetry cafe in the summer will vouch, too. She is a
wee and delicate thing, and I am a bit tall and clumsy (but watch me
*dance*). We both have vintage sweaters with hoods on with different
american football teams advertised on the front. Hers is clearly too big for
her, it being made for a big American football type playing man, and mine is
for a child aged 7/8 years old ("the label on her jeans...") and is
obviously a bit small for me. We do look a pair.

Okay, big up to all the frankly WONDERFUL people who have sent pictures to
me for the new Sinister 'Your Slip Is Showing' Gallery. I have them all
printed out and stuck on my wall with blu-tak next to my other pin-ups as a
tempory measure before we get the real thing put up. I await a few more
entries with baited breath. Please remember my electronic mail is
steam-powered and has a bit of a tiz at anything which isn't in jpg format.

Wow, Ailsa is getting married. Do we all get an invite to the ceremony?

Erica

Arrivals and Departures in The House of Scarlet
http://www.chickpages.com/rants/golighty/index.html