Sinister: You're out on the town, making people impress you

Erica MacArthur Macarthur at xxx.com
Thu Dec 16 08:55:38 GMT 1999

Dear Sinister,

Hurrah! the picnic season is with us again! There is one small problem - the
burden of trying to devise an outfit which is suitable for both day AND
evening wear. But otherwise, yes! very exciting. I say this every year and
no one ever asks, but other than Martin's find-a-stray picnic-er stratergy,
I'd be quite willing to meet scaredy-cats at the station and show them the
way.

I've got quite used this 'showing people around' idea, as I'm called upon by
Hertford Council every so often to do my 'Civic' (duty, that is) and say
hello and goodbye to people coming in and out of the Castle. Thrilling. It's
good experience for dealing with old ladies, however, which is good, if,
like me, you spend long stretches of time rifiling around their clothes. I
have a theory that it's because I wear clothes from Hertford's charity shops
that old ladies favour me so much. It's quite likely, considering Hertford's
old biddy to boy racer ratio than I'm wearing the clothes of a dead friend
of theirs. Their mind, quietly withering, notes the dress and feels
familiarity.

Or maybe I am really just a Nice Young Lady.

> I keep trying to get more girls to play, but none ever do,
much to my > disappointment. However, I have been promised a game on the
girls side,

I played football at a picnic once. I even persuaded Lixi to come and play
with me. And do you know what we did? We ran away from the ball flapping our
hands around. Not the best example. Learning from my mistakes, I tend to
jeer/leer from the sidelines these days.

> welcomed by me, although I'm not sure when I got >promoted to the status
of male Erica in terms of good->lookingness.

Ally, are you sure that's such a good thing? You know if you're the male-me
people will call on you to give out kisses willy nilly (Casarotten, NO!) and
generally assume you're a bit of an air-head. I hear that's the current
insult du jour, anyway. It's all my fault, of course. I mean, fancy dressing
up in nice clothes and having a silly accent like mine.

Madison Avenue are at number one! Brilliant.

Erica

The House of Scarlet
http://welcome.to/houseofscarlet