Sinister: The Sinister List

Stanley,L L.Stanley at xxx.uk
Mon Feb 1 17:29:19 GMT 1999

Hey, guys...

-Firstly, yes it is possible to be too shy and sensitive. I know, I've been
there.

-Secondly, any ideas for songs that define the 90s? I don't mean the best
songs of the 90s, I mean songs from any era that could be used to remember
events in one's own life or the life of the world/Britain/US. Maybe as well
as the tape tree we could put together a collection of our own
favourites/this sort of thing. Sounds very introspective, but done in the
right way it can be really nice to remember things by especially if one
doesn't have enough time to keep a diary, even by sending it to
Sinister-list.

-Thirdly, will everyone stop picking on Sensitive Stan? I don't care if he's
real or not, he sounds really cute.

-Fourthly, please, no catfights over the language one ought to use. Anyone
who decides to speak in a way they like should be entitled to do so, but
saying it is the cool/hip/trendy way to speak is subjective crap. Be
objective - let people have their own definitions of cool/hip/trendy and not
call people "sad". I listen to Beethoven's 6th to calm me down and find "I'm
Too Sexy" by Right Said Fred really funny and silly and great fun to listen
to -but so what?!??!!! Should it really matter?!?!?!?

OK Message over. Keep cool (now that it's still light at 5 o'clock I can say
that in the context of "don't overheat")

Louise l.stanley at lse.ac.uk

PS B&S - so, let me get this stragiht, the infamous Stuart Murdoch is in the
band, right? Sorry for appearing stupid, I've obviously got a lot of
research to do having no time to read much about the band and only having
bought the albums while I've been at college... OK so I bought "LLPJ" and
"3...6...9" last academic year but there is a difference between liking a
band and knowing everything about them, since I've not the time to be as
obsessed as I was with Pulp.