Sinister: You all sparkle (in my eyes)

Caleb Rudd caleb.rudd at xxx.net
Mon Feb 1 18:37:21 GMT 1999

hiho all

Let's jump straight into it, shall we?

Silverchair

I had hoped that I would escape their omnipresent derivitive Pearl
Jam/Stone Temple Pilots/Alice in Chains whining over here, but it appears
not. They've probably passed puberty by now, but I doubt their music has.
As another listee pointed out, don't do it if at all possible Vicky.

(What's the) My Life Story?

To those enquiring to the whereabouts of Jake and his sparkly cohorts:
after being dropped from Parlophone (after the reissue of Mornington
Cresent last year) they aligned themselves with another label, which one
I'm not sure, but I think it's an independant, and will have a single out
in May with an album following. Expect an interview with Mr. Shillingford
in Papercuts and Chester around that time. Jake was at the Uncle Bob's
Wedding reception club on NYE where the following conversation with my
flatmate and scary Australian Taylor took place (Taylor - smoozing with
Simon Price and slurring her words - "I want another scotch and coke", Jake
"You want a scotch and what? Choke?" [jokingly strangles her]. Her, having
recovered (and not knowing who he was)"What do you do", "I'm in a band",
"Are you famous", Simon Price laughing "Not really!"). Another M band,
Menswear,  will have a single out soon, also independantly. This Byrds
sounding song can also be heard on the Good Mixer's jukebox, usually around
the same time John Dean or Stuart are boozing inside. Coincidence or not? I
think we all know the answer to that one.

Boo Radleys split?

Someone on another list forwarded a post from a message board by Brave
Captain saying they've called it a day. Bugger. One of the bands I really
wanted to see over here and they go and split up. I suppose the main reason
is that Kingsize sold about, what? about 10 copies? But then they did no
press or concerts (bar one at Virgin or HMV) to promote it, so they have to
shoulder some of the blame.

Other guff

Tricia asked about a britpop list. I used to be on uk-indie (go to
www.onelist.com) and probably should resub. It can be very good, as it has
a small core of regular and opinionated posters. Tag mentioned Billie, who
I had a rather strange dream about last night. In it, someone from her
record company contacted me with an offer for interviewing her for
Papercuts. I think it it was suggested via email or fax but finally it was
face-to-face, at which point the dream took on a sexual nature. Ahem.

For a laugh, various photos including some of Sinister listees (well
Katrina, Mr. and Mrs. Warrander and, erm, me) and My Life Story and Polak
can be found at

http://www.darkshadow.com/chester/articles/travel

x Caleb

PS Stan and Tam? Well I laughed. Beats Rraggled Fock pants down.

|   Chester Indie Zine		http://www.darkshadow.com/chesterau 	|
|   UKindiePOPdance			      editor at chester.org.au    	|
|   New interviews: Jack, Lucksmiths, Underground Lovers + Pictures!	|