Sinister: Nick Drake: tragic beauty.

paul sallis sillas_luap at xxx.com
Tue Feb 2 09:34:44 GMT 1999

Hello sin'sters,
   this is my first onslaught of dirge since stumbling upon your
sweet'n'cuddly list last week, and gladness is mine, as without it I
probably would have missed the (folk)rockumentry on Nick Drake (which
would have caused a lengthy period of wanton lonliness and aimless
meandering across this barren sphere...etc etc you get the picture.)

Anyways, I'd better spill some info your way I suppose:
I've been an avid Belle & Sebastian fan for two years or so (since
hearing em on a Peel session, and subsequently purchasing 'Dog on
Wheels'). I have yet to discover exactly why I love their musings, I
tried to put a finger on it once, but it moved.

I listen to music too much, I read too much, I think too much. <--
pretty much sums me up.

Thanks for letting me waste your time, and I hope I didn't flaunt too
many unwritten laws of the list junkies.

Au revoir!

ps  Anyone else catch the Drake thing?
pps If so, can you believe how sketchy they were on putting across
some of the vital points of his (short) life?

==
- 'As I traced the form of the pebbles beneath my feet,'
- 'I looked behind and I saw this one so sweet.'
- 'She came to me and I saw in her eyes,'
- 'the heavy toll of a thousand sighs.'
- 'It was then I met my princess of the sand.'
(Nick Drake: Strange Meeting II.)