Sinister: the lowest tolls of smut ever

Arantxa Sanz pcxas at xxx.uk
Tue Feb 2 11:51:31 GMT 1999

Dear sinisterines:

After our glorious 99 starting, the posts have somehow faded away and this
is not the way it was. I am starting to speak as my dad, and only 25,
mmmm,worrying...

I cannot even begin my message with some polemic argument , as I totally
agree with Charlotte about sensitive boyfriends, bad stuff, always bad,
and with someone else whose name I don't remember (-> literary quote in
Shakespeare in Love style, if someone catches it...)about that it would be
so exciting if every day in our lives had a Belle and Sebastian songlyric
as script. I want 'My wandering years are over', for example. I would die
for a kinda Michelle Pfeiffer in The Fabulous Baker Boys performance in a
piano bar full of bored executives after some conference where Japanese
hours d ouvres are offered in tries, and then , the 'One' just
turns up there and decides to change his life on the road to grow
old by my side...Could he be Jeremy Irons,please?

No Looper song have I heard yet, so I feel a bit marginalised in all this
zeal about their gig at Rough Trade.No Salako either, but I will do my
best to listen tomorrow that Peel Session.

As my subject says, we are reaching negative values of smutty content and
here I am ,dear diary, to tell you my experiences in that field...I was
looking for my lost glasses yesterday evening, and when I risked myself
into searching under my wardrobe, what I found but no glasses, a yellow,
tacky book titled 'How to masturbate women', all Russ Meyer's graphic
design, 200 coloured pictures, obviously 70's . As we are 3 girls in my
house and our landlord is a lovely Muslim father in his fifties who will
come today to collect our monthly payings,I felt totally forced to hide it
in the cellar, though one of my housemates regarded it as so disturbing
and sinful (it is, indeed!) that she said we should burn it...

It is better not to reflect upon the possible meanings of this story : I
lost my geeky glasses, I found a smutty manual. Has my life to change?
I need some spiritual advice!

I am all ears ... ( not literally, please!)

Arantxa