Sinister: sweet music and airborne irishfolk

Joss Moorkens JMoorkens at xxx.ie
Tue Feb 2 17:15:57 GMT 1999

Hey fellers.

So I went to see Will Oldham in Dublin last week. The gentleman was
tremendous. On the first night, it was all gentle and songy. Then on the
second night Will was clearly fucked up on wowee sauce. Loads of whooping
and hollering and noisy bits. Loads of songs from 'Joya'.  Both nights were
great and almost no songs were repeated - always a good thing. Afterwards we
hung around in the hallowed confines of the band room since my pal Joan of
Arse was supporting. I said hello cos I'd put on Will's first couple gigs in
Dublin. Naturally he didn't recognise me at all, but he did point out that
he could see 4 of me and gave me whiskey which made me ill. Then he tried to
chat up my ex girlfriend. Anyways, my point had been that I can heartily
recommend going to one of these Bonnie Prince Billy gigs in addition to the
fine new LP.

I'm all excited today, because tomorrow my floppy haired flatmate and I jet
off to Glasgow to see this Evie Sands spectacular. I was near Glasgow once
before for a fishing tackle exhibition, but I didn't see any members of
Dawson, Belle and Sebastian or Del Amitri. An error which I expect to see
rectified this time around. Not only that, but Looper gigs in Dublin. This
is a good thing. Just hope it isn't in the Mean Fiddler. Although this here
beggar wouldn't dream of attempting to impersonate a chooser.
Cheerio
Joss (who hasn't heard the Looper LP but is perfectly willing to wait)

PS Is it just my childish humour, or would it be more amusing if the Tag &
Keith boy band were called Woodz?

I thought so.