Sinister: fox in the snow...causing an auto collision

Ketan Shankardass kshank at xxx.net
Wed Feb 3 05:59:38 GMT 1999

hey-lo,

    long time listener, first time poster...

    first off let me mention that i'm canadian...that should explain my
inherent awkwardness towards all things cool.  anyways, i had a very
happy B&S experience today with one of my professors (i go to mcmaster
uni)...he quoted nick drake in our outdoor environmental ed. class and
so, after class, I told him that if he liked nicky's work that he should
check out b&s...well, this prof was so happy that someone else knew
about nick drake that he vowed to follow up on my suggestion and check
out a few b&s tracks...yay!  one down, 6 billion to go, i suppose...

    did someone mention the word "sloan" (yes evolmadflowr in dc...i
believe you did!)  whopppeee!!!  Sloan rock...i don't even particularly
like modern rock 'n roll (i.e. anything with an electric guitar made
after 1980, excluding spiritualized et al....phew!) but i get so happy
and bouncy when a sloan tune comes on...they make me feel all b&s-ey
inside.  i hear they are majestic live...

     i went to see a super movie the other day called "a simple plan".
it's got well developed
characters, lots of tension and very questionable morals...it looks at
the downfall that a group of
chums endure after finding 4 million dollars...the whole thing was very
graphic but it had a beautifully sinister poetry to it that made me
think of oldies-but-goodies like "shallow grave".  plus, and this is the
best part, the story is set into it's tragic course by a cute little fox
who is, in fact, in the snow! he runs into the icey road being travelled
by our heroes and starts the virtual shakspearean tragedy on its way.
(yay, mr. fox!)

>Joss (who hasn't heard the Looper LP but is perfectly willing to wait)<

yes joss...i to am willing to wait...only for me it has to do with the
fact that i spend entirely too much on music and as a result am falt
broke...does anyone know what label this fine product may pop up on in
north america?  (have those plans been made as yet even?)...i work at my
campus radio station and have found that a kind phone call to a music
label can easily snatch me a current piece of music history...yay!!

 take care and write back soon...

    ketan

ps. a good friend of mine recently arrived at lancaster u. in england
for the term...anyone go there? (reply privately please!)

np. pull my strings - wagon christ

"i went for a walk around the block, with who?, my nuts,
 went all around the block, took no shortcuts"
                                                        - the fat boys