Sinister: Stumps! Stumps!

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Wed Feb 3 16:25:37 GMT 1999

I hope this Mercury Rev album you all tricked me into buying is a
grower...

Rod could overcome his work/Roddcam problem by attaching a Rodddcam to
his helmet, so that we could all see what kind of things Rodddd gets
up to all day. This idea was inspired by miners' lamps, as eagle-eyed
listees may have spotted. Of course, Roddddd would have to carry his
computer around in a plastic carrier bag, otherwise it would be
completely pointless.

What a major pop event this evening! The queen of the sixties girl
group without the group sound in a head to head clash with Stumps
Murdoch, the Glen Hoddle of pop! I bet he'll be as happy as a sandboy,
especially as it coincides with Glasgow City Council's decision to
unveil a new monument, the Stuart Murdoch Cream Cheese Tarzan Swing,
next to the Jim Kerr Jam Tart Go-Kart, in the middle of George Square.
Should be good.

I voted for B&S in the Brits, but I like Billie equally well.

Who likes fat organ grinder Charles Earland? I do, he does a splendid
version of the Carpenters classic, "We've Only Just Begun", a real
organ and conga propelled wah-wah barnstormer.

The Looper kudos contest has gotten off to a great start, Jake/Kenny
storming out in front by refusing to copy it before anyone had even
asked him to. My memory may be a little hazy, but I seem to recall
that he'd already taped a track or two for someone or other a while
back. Extra points! I feel that a hefty prison sentence would be in
order....extra points for anyone who does anything really illegal from
now on. Who stole it from the Sub Pop cupboard? That must have been
illegal. Good one! C'mon kids, as the recently split-up Boo Radleys
used to say.

lots of love,

Uncle Peter

"Have you got a big bottom? Because I've got a really big bottom."
- Isobel Campbell