Sinister: nick drake doc + stu's lonely heart....

James thunderw at xxx.uk
Thu Feb 4 11:39:13 GMT 1999

Stuart wrote :

>> so i wish i hadnt bothered watching it now cause though theres these
songs
>> which matter to you and say something to you things like this and the
recent
>> biography only serve to remind you that their made by this well off
public
>> schoolboy just about as far removed from you as possible.

> Maybe it's just me, but I don't see that as a problem. You can still
> appreciate a song, if the writer wasn't like you. Are you saying I
> shouldn't like B&S because I'm not a shy scotsman? Or that I shouldn't
> like Pulp because I didn't go to art school?

This is so right. If I could only identify with artists who had similar
life experiences to me I'd be in real trouble. Am I the only person who
thought that the Nick Drake documentary was really rather good? Maybe its
because I never go into these things expecting much, but I really did think
it was quite original and unusual in format, and very honest in terms of
presenting lots of different viewpoints etc. Of course it skipped over all
the technical musical details but it didn't pretend to be anything other
than a study of the man himself, and a lesson in music theory is hardly
suited to television.
Well, that's just what I think.

By the way Stuart, I have this horrible creeping feeling that I never
actually thanked you for the sessions and demos you sent me. If so, I'm
sooo sorry. I'll certainly be going without supper tonight. THANK YOU. The
tape was great.

Here are some answers for your questions:

1 . Freshly laundered sock seeks clothes peg. Must have firm grip.
2 . Lonely clothes peg with firm grip seeks laundry for hours of fun in the
back yard.
3 . Probably.
4 . Melted over hot crumpets.
5 . It simply has to be an aubergine.
6 . Well, I wouldn't know about this one now would I.....

Bye bye
Love from Molly
xxx