Sinister: Prestwick 2 - Moorkens 0

Joss jossm at xxx.ie
Thu Feb 4 20:50:24 GMT 1999

Shit. I really don't have much luck with air travel. Or rather, every time
I miss a plane I promise myself that I shall NEVER LET THIS HAPPEN AGAIN.
Especially after missing my flight from New York last year and having to
spend 8 miserable hours in Heathrow. But I found myself once again
repeating this mantra at 9am this morning as my flight left for Dublin
without me on it. And the next one was at 6 o'clock. So as a result we
spent the day in Ayr because Leagues said he was too ill to make it back to
Glasgow. Still, we did find a natty mug with the rules for being a girl
guide on it. ("Giving service; Becoming a homemaker...." How enlightening.)
And I got some new slacks, so it wasn't all bad. And it gave me an extra
day off work.

All told, I had a marvellous time in Glasgow though. I'm sure there's been
stuff written already about the gig. I thought Evie Sands was a sweetie. I
have loads of great records to show for my jaunt, although I'm sure that
drinking to keep up with Claire Timmins has taken at least 2 years off my
life. Words cannot describe waking up to run to the airport two hours after
leaving the hotel bar. Anyways, thanks to everyone I met. It really was a
pleasure - one which I hope to repeat before too long.
Sleepy now.
love
Joss

np: Sagittarius - Present Tense (with thanks one to Mr Warrander :)