Sinister: it's beyond me what a girl can see...

rebelstrange at xxx.Miller rebelstrange at xxx.Miller
Fri Feb 5 02:55:36 GMT 1999

lots of love,

Uncle Peter

"Have you got a big bottom? Because I've got a really big bottom."
- - Isobel Campbell

GAAAAAAHH PJmiller, you stole my favorite quote!!!  good one!! you deserve
cookies and milk. Skim milk, or maybe that fake milk made of rice.  hmmm?
I've got a big bottom too, maybe we could do some female bonding over those
International Coffees after a bout of monster shopping, and have some nice
aromatherapy candles going before we get ready to party with Ally McBeal.
ah, girly stuff!!  But then i'd have to convince her to throw a lingerie
party with me, and invite all our girly  friends, and it would just get too
messy i'm afraid.

I voted for our favorite heroes yesterday, i have to say it made me feel
very ciically responsible to the ArtMusick world i pay fealty to.  strange
to imagine them winning, they're quite unknown in th States as far as the
mainstream media in general, though all the indie college kids are mad for
them.  i wonder if they've ever been mentioned in a rolling stone article
even? i wouldn't know.   i just realized as i was writing another surrealist
email to my partner in CRYME(ancient cryme) jess, how much this band has
ALTERED my perspective in some way.  i listened to arab strap about 4 times
yesterday, interspersed with a couple runs of France Gall, but still,
nonstop sleep the clock around for me.  Gawd i realized how beautiful it
was.  is it wicked???  i was nearly moved to weep.  but that has a lot to do
with the fact that i kept  staring at this beautiful girl who is in two of
my classes.  she usually sits in  front of me somewhere in art history, and
draws somewhere near me in life drawing, and she has short hair, wears baggy
pants and funny shirts and carries a camouflage duffle bag, and she had a
big plastic ring just like one that i have but i never wear.   and a KDHX
tshirt, the radio station i worship.  but i've never been able to think of
how to start a conversation.  yesterday she had on a blue long mohair
sweater and a bunch of bobby pins knotted into  her short hair, and she
didnt' even look at me when she sat down, and my heart was breaking.  i
almost cried while watching all the slides of Bosch and Donatello, that is
when i wasn't falling asleep from being awak for 24 hours, weird things
happen when you're up that long, and i was in a fairytale land i started
thinking of my broken heart and Seymour Stein, send her back to me!!!  I was
at my wit's end.  there is an adorable Japanese girl in my AH class, she has
the most amazing cutest clothes, she drives me mad because i want to make
her into a little doll and take photos of her, she's so unique.  and i saw
these 2 little boys, swinging and running around a small tree on the hill,
they were laughing so, i tried to smile at them, and wished i could be with
them, and join all these beautiful people, but i'm just too afraid.......I
would ride buses all day, only watching them pass by but never brave enough
to catch their eyes for too long.  it was  very belle and seb.  i hope this
didn't bore you all, but i've been reading all of the dear diary posts
lately and they are my most favorite, I love those fragile glimpses, so this
one's for m elise, deary, hello out there!!!

We should start a Midwestern chapter of sinisterines.  anyone up for it??
we're oh so lonely out here, what with the cows outnumbering the interesting
people.

i want to hear the butchering of  fox in a snow, i hope someone can help us
out on that mystery.

as for the question of  christian rock, I wouldn't consider them xtian rock
per se at all, in the sense of most christian-named music, which is "we are
here to glorify Jesus" which i don't see blatant in their songs, it's more
music and beauty for its own sake,  purely secular, but with an eye for the
spiritual, mostly in questioning.  I dont' think anyone would say that  IYFS
"celebrates" christianity, it's just a study of a particular few lives in
questioning.  as i'm sure you all know.  well it's my opinion.  and as such
essentially worthless.
gentle waves mania: i  can't wait to get my hands on the gentle waves
special edition Pooh bear and christopher isobel.  and how about the gentle
waves Wave-maker, for your very own personal pool, so you can sail upon
them.  DO NOT forget the gentle waves tiny wave box, a clear plastic box
containing two sections of blue and clear gelatinous and repelling liquids
that float upon them a tiny rowboat containing stuart and isobel on a
pea-green boat.  it makes a great paperweight for you corporate types.
 But i'm especially excited about the line of lingerie, it's top secret
though, don't tell anyone I told you.
TWEE: "affectedly dainty or quaint"

if you want me I'l be there, a (girl) to deal with all your problems
but part of the deal
is for you to feel
something

LJ

http://www.members.tripod.com/rebelstrange
"I'm a piece of crap that the world revolves around."