Sinister: I'm a notherner and I've lost my keys

AL Corby A.L.Corby-98 at xxx.uk
Sat Feb 6 17:10:30 GMT 1999

At 16:25 03/02/99 -0000, you wrote:

>The last time i went we were in the union on a thursday night, that passes
>for an indie night i was relaibly informed, apparently the football bunch
>call it 'freaks night'. Anyway there was a battle of the bands competition
>on that night, the band on first must have been one the funniest things
>i've ever seen...sort of a female meatloaf singing 80's type rawk classics
>(you had to be there really), i cant remember much else after that. I always
>thought the music press made the Midlands=Heavy Metal thing up.
Lee

I was there on said night, the scary female meatloaf woman came up to me
and my friend before they went on and said we should stand at the front and
support them cos she's a woman, so we were like 'yeah girl power, are you
like the spice girls?'. I don't think she was amused, we couldn't decide if
it was a boy or a girl at first before she came up to us, don't you hate
that?  But it shouldn't matter, but it does.

I'm proud you confirmed that sporty types call it freaks night, we call it
smokers night cos all the freaks smoke,  I hadn't smoked since I was about
thirteen til I came here the things you do to be different yet the same.

Andrea