Sinister: When I was young I used to sing I didn't care for anything...

Funkyseb at xxx.com Funkyseb at xxx.com
Fri Feb 5 23:56:09 GMT 1999

oh! but I do popkids, I really do. I care about the steam on the windows of
the cafe, the splishing of the buses through the rain, about the damp mornings
and the ghosted evenings. And I've had enough of it. I wanna dye my hair
purple black, and join steps, and WRITE IN BLOCK CAPITALS and not pay rent,
and think gay dad are any good and not understand Proportional Representation
and spend my evenings swigging thunderbird in the town square and not care
about anything....what's the secret? Eh? You bastards? I feel as pop as the
pope, and as vibrant as mother theresa. I want to be perfect for three
minutes, and totally disposable. I wanna be young.

Anyway.....wha' fettle, bonny lads? Canny, I trust. Sorry 'bout all that. It's
the job you see. Looking after child actors makes you feel very old, very
tired, and very poor.
I chaperoned a fifteen year old girl yesterday, who in two weeks time, records
her first CD (not LP, daddio) for RCA. In a month or two she'll be on the
lottery show. In six she'll be 10 times richer and a million times more famous
than a certain flame-haired troubador. And she's entirely thick and boring.
And almost entirely talentness. It's all rather depressing and unjust, isn't
it? When I was fifteen I grew some sideburns. It's not quite such an
impressive achievement really.
        Hoorah! though. 'cause it's nearly spring, and the days will yawn, and
stretch themselves out all over the summer. And we'll bask in the dappled
green of some quiet park and let the sun gently cook us. And we'll all listen
to the looper romp happily about on its album, and we'll all get Tigermilk
again, and pretend for a moment that we're right at the beginning ,and think
about what we haven't heard yet, and we'll all buy the Isobel album and,
oh.

Anyway, that Nick Drake doc was a bit shite, wasn't it? As an exercise in
missing the fucking point it really takes the biscuit. And the footage from
the 'tribute' gig was toe curling. Mind you, I didn't know that the wall from
that photo shoot was in Battersea, (mah manah.) I shall be spending my time
off searching the streets of SW11, kids, and I'll report back when I find it.
Maybe even with some photos.

No, actually. no.

Anyway, respect to the sinister massive. Maybe, if I convince my boss, I'll be
a webmaster soon, and I'll be able to be on topic, and brief, and funny in a
posting more often stylee... But 'til then I'll be off again.
I'm off to write a poem to Nicky Wire, and be rude to my parents. I shall
reverse the ageing process!
funkyseb