Sinister: "...i could wait impatiently...but i'd rather not wait at all..."

Snowinsumr at xxx.com Snowinsumr at xxx.com
Mon Feb 8 00:52:48 GMT 1999

dear "sinister mailing list" diary...

valentine's day is one week from today...:::sigh:::...
what to do...what to say...what to feel...
a handmade card with colourful interior?
silken roses? (as real ones would die and that would hardly be the message i
was trying to get across)
one of those beany baggy creatures that resembles a hacky sack?
a thousand questions triplicated and filed under 'simple things you ask to
make a young boy sigh'?
a sexy pulp-mix tape with an underlying promise?
i am so terribly shy...maybe a postcard with lipstick traces...although i
don't wear make-up...so i suppose that wouldn't work...

valentine's is such a silly day...the only day i can think of that sounds any
sillier is st. swithen's day...does anyone know what st. swithen's day is,
diary? i certainly don't...i heard it in a billy bragg song...billy bragg will
keep me company next sunday...then i will not feel sad or lonely on the
supposedly most romantic day of the year...although, that seems rather
silly...if i were in a relationship i would make every day the most romantic
day of the year...so it would be a romantic year instead...

my adorable friend timothy brought me one of those little terry cloth hacky
sack animals...it was filled with beans and it was a lion named zulu...we took
him with us when we went to see the film 'central station' last night...zulu
took turns sitting on me and timothy's shoulders as he is very short and
couldn't see from his seat...he cried because it was so beautiful...zulu, not
timothy...he was very sad and i held him tight and we smoked a few cigarettes
and felt a little better...

i have been listening to edith frost today...i do so love her voice...she is a
little princess...

i made a mix tape for my english professor this evening...i included some
belle and sebastian...i hope that he likes it...

love,
m. elise