Sinister: snow

Robin Stout Ppyrrjs at xxx.uk
Mon Feb 8 11:58:42 GMT 1999

Only seven posts yesterday, like the last bubbles in a bottle of
lemonade. Maybe everyone was out throwing snowballs. As soon as it
gets deep enough I'm going to steal a tray from the cafeteria
and go sledging.
When I was twelve I went sledging down a big hill
with some friends. My Dad was watching us and kept saying how much
better sledging was when he was a boy, and if we let him have a go
he'd show us how it was done. Eventually I gave him my sledge, which
he sat on. He looked like an elephant standing on a little drum at
the circus. "This is how you do it" he said, as he lay down face
first and pushed off. Now my dad is slightly heavier than the average
twelve year old boy, so he flew down the hill on this tiny sledge
faster than anyone had before, with ice flying in his mouth,
up his nose, and into the curls of his curly hair.
Silence descended and jaws dropped as everyone turned to watch this
slightly misguided grown man plummet to his doom. Snowballs stopped
in mid flight. He bounced a few times, flew off the rather inadequate
sledge, and skidded into a snowman. The snowman's head fell off and
landed on his head and his pipe landed in my dad's mouth (no, sorry,
I made that bit up). Anyway, it was dead funny, although my dad
didn't quite see it that way - "ooh! Me back!" he cried and went to
bed for a week.
Well, there you go - the perils of sledging. Play safe kids.
I hope it's snowing where you are.

Bye
	Robin