Sinister: Snow & all sorts of other things

Mick McMick * Sandcastle Records bp224996 at xxx.edu
Mon Feb 8 13:32:35 GMT 1999

Hm...
	I'm very jealous of you listees in Nottingham. We had one great week of
snow here some time back in January, but since then all we've had is
cold but not freezing temperatures, accompanied quite often with a
bitter breeze and a cold rain. Miserable. Stupid Athenian Winter...
	I don't know why other people haven't been posting, but I've been
tong-deep in developping chemicals and assorted other project. If you
don't believe me I've got Dektol all over my hands to prove it.
	In the meantime I've replaced my Sinister time in an unusual way. One
of my big, brown buttons was torn from my favorite coat, and I haven't
had time to get it put back on. Right now it's sitting on my desk. I
have this oral fixation, which is why one day I stuck it in my mouth and
began blowing air through the little holes. Over a very long process, I
learned how the air pressure, tongue placement, and all sorts of things
like that, could make the button produce various notes. So now I've
become perhaps the world's first button player. It's easier to play it
backwards (sucking air in through the holes) and when I do it sounds
sort of like a slide whistle. The downside to that is that I often lose
my breath. Playing it forwards is harder, but I've done it. I like to
play along with whatever I'm listening to, and though I'm usually not
on-key, switching notes is surprisingly easy, if not surgically exact.
I'm figuring that I could double up Sarah & Isobel's melodica playing on
various songs.
	If you think that's strange, there's a performer from around these
parts who learned how to play a tampon applicator. I'm not kidding, but
quite serious! Even stranger was the story he gave as to why he tried
his hand at it. Hehe, so usually he stops at some point in his set and
asks the women in the audience if he might have a tampon for the various
musical purposes. Several times when we went to see him, my flatmate
brought tampons specifically for the purpose of providing them to him.
Yeah, okay, I'll quit talking about it...
	Of B&S...Honey mentioned, no Stevie songs on the new album. Hm... would
that mean that "Wrong Love" is gonna be on the single? I think it is
safe to assume that this is a possibility. Hm...well I would love to
chat some more, but if I do I'll be late for class, so I should put some
clothes on and make some breakfast.

 /"\_/"\_/"\  Mick McMick/Sandcastle Records <<->> bp224996 at ohiou.edu
 \         /  Sandcastle Records Homepage:                ICQ#5056758
  |       |   http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Amphitheatre/4972/
  |       |   "I am always wishing to make people
  |       |       in the world happy with my smiles."
  |       |           -Mr. Friendly

PS> Sledging, eh? We've shortened to to "sledding" (n. sled) here in the
US. Funny how those little differences pop up...