Sinister: Someone left the cack out in the rain

Gary Parkinson gary.parkinson at xxx.uk
Tue Feb 9 00:55:47 GMT 1999

Hey you kids, stop that rock 'n' pop!

Mick McMick: re - buttontunesmithship. <<So now I've become perhaps the
world's first button player>> I'm sorry, but I'm abso-bloomin-lutely certain
that many ages ago our very own Roy Castle, from 'Record Breakers', mastered
the button, the toggle and yes the press-stud. Roy was great. Roy could play
anything: a chair leg, an old lady's face, the arse of a small dog. And now
he's dead (unrelated events, I'm certain). And all to the tune of that great
poptune 'Dedication (that's what ya need!)'. However, my band are always
looking for new talent. So if you could work your way up from button to
zipper, who knows?

So there I was, returning to my palatial pile on the outer crust of
Manchester (called 'Mamucium' by the Romans, meaning 'breast-shaped hill',
apparently, but that's the latin temperament for you), weary and sore from a
hard day's cock-fighting, to find Stuart Murdoch rummaging through my drawers.

"Hey!" I cried, "What's the meaning of this?"

To whit the red haired interloper replied, "Why, it's a pronoun denoting a
person or thing near at hand, just mentioned or about to be mentioned."

"Oh. OK." I said. "Fancy a cuppa? It's Earl Grey."

And that's how I got into Belle and Sebastian.

Erm. Sorry, I'll have to go, I'm rejecting my transplant.

Keep yer hands on yer ha'pennies.

Cheer,

Gazzoid.

np: Buckaroo

'Can't complain, musn't grumble, have another piece of apple crumble.' - ABC***