Sinister: waiting for the off-chance that rollins will cover "fox in the snow"

Ketan Shankardass kshank at xxx.net
Wed Feb 10 08:15:43 GMT 1999

my gosh...

    if Henry Rollins is a b&s fan then that changes everything...why?
i'm not sure...yet!

    (allow me to work through this one)

    you see, no offense to the henry rollins massive (i too found henry
to be quite insightful at one point in my life), but in recent years
henry has been the butt of almost every joke made on my radio show at
school.  if there's nothing to talk about (and therein, to apply a
"rollins" joke to) then we may simply say somthing like, "uhhh...i think
henry rollins is in town tonight" and then laugh.  i know it sounds mean
and disrespectful but it's really beyond his music(etc.) at this
point...i honestly haven't heard anything by the man since 95'-ish...he
has become, like the queen of england herself, a figure-head standing
for anger (are they the same thing?), which is almost opposite
to what my show is about.  anyways, the pointis that if henry rollins
is a b&s fan, then i'll simply have to find a new "anger"-posterboy...
hmmm, how about that guy who owns the WWF...isn't he on some wrestling
music album that wasjust released?

...b&s story...(true!...not false)

    belle & sebastian recently cancelled a show in toronto, ontario,
canada...booo! soon after that occured, i was chatting with "Gord", the
guy who runs a local record shoppe in Hamilton, and i was asking if he'd
gotten in TIJAMRS....he didn't know that i was all that into b&s and so
he proceeded to tell me about how he had received 4 free tix to the
toronto show and couldn't find ANYBODY to give them away to!!!  this
man runs a well-known indie sort of establishment and of all his
regular customers he didn't know of one b&s'er...yikes!  recalling
this story has a message...make vocal your affection for the things
that you, in fact, love in life...whether it's b&s, henery rollins,
jello pudding, cellular phones, collecting old newspapers or your crush
(well maybe that one's a bit touchy...we must take care to not come off
as stalkers now)...you never know who you'll meet or where you'll
go in life...(or what shows you'll see for free!!)

    take care

ketan

ps. i'm currently pulling an all-nighter writing a philosophy paper on
"God" that's due in a few hours...that may explain the contemplative
nature of my message.