Sinister: pantos, lacrosse, red ties

Arantxa Sanz pcxas at xxx.uk
Thu Feb 11 12:45:10 GMT 1999

Dear list :

I have spent these last six monts  trying to find some connection
between B&S songs and my daily events, and when working hard, I nearly
managed to do it every day, so I could post some message to the list
assuring a high B&S content, at least to fulfil most listees expectations
and not to become one of the dearest-diary line addicts...

But the lesson such a practise has taught me is the possibility to relate
any event in my life to some topic apparently totally disconnected if I
try,and I have discovered some...mmmm, intellectual pleasure in such a
mental exercise. Lately I have been playing to find some Malory Towers
content in everything and it is incredingbly succesful...

Let's me explain : Malory Towers was one of my obsessions when being aged
9 / 12.And one of the motivations to work at my English lessons at school,
I am afraid.I wanted to become one of them, and Nottingham University is
the closest I have been to my dream . There is even a Lacrosse team! So,
in the last few days, (not Enid Blyton readers, don't read the following
lines!)I have found someone pretending to be ill to death to avoid exams,
as evil Gwendoline always tried; a pretty girl too careful about her
appearance discovering how rewarding sport teams are, in spite of broken
nails, undone hair and sweating clothes,and long conversations about how
interesting teachers can inspire and convert their pupils ( have you read
'Last year in St Claire' with the English teacher and the girl called Anne
Marie ? Really unavoidable stuff about influencing teenagers...)

Anyhow, there is some connection with B&S, everything is connected, that's
my prophecy! What about Isobel with her pleated grey skirt,white blouse
and red tie arriving at Malory and becoming that year's fairy in the
Christmas panto? I want a film about it! Let's do it! And Stuart could do
a shy girl with problems at home and missing her pets and manage to hide
and breed a squirrel at the Lacrosse courts dressing rooms, skipping the
rules.We already have 'We rule the school' as perfect soundtrack

Pleading forgiveness for such a pack of nonsenses. I am in a funny mood
because my glasses will be ready today!

L-O-V-E

Arantxita