Sinister: The Story Generator

Sleeka Sounds sleeka_sounds at xxx.com
Thu Feb 11 15:20:07 GMT 1999

Dear squirrels, hello it's me, Chris.

For those of you who weren't aware, I used to write stories about Belle
and Sebastian.   These have recently ground to halt basically due to
lack of time and motivation.  Literary Expert Anne Ward suggested I
write a computer program to generate them, so I set about it.  Here is
the output from my intelligent MISSY computer, like the one in War
Games.

Login: CLEONARD
Password: ***************

Welcome to the Corporation Network, Mr. Chris.  What shall we do today?

>MISSY GENERATE STORY

Certainly, Mr. Chris.  Who will be the main character in the story?

>MISSY STRUAN MURDOCH

As always, Mr. Chris.  Shall this be a happy or a sad story?

>MISSY HAPPY

Would you like any adult content in this story?

>MISSY NO

That's all I need to know, Mr. Chris.  Press enter to continue...

<MISSY GENERATE STORY>
<CHARACTER = "STRUAN MURDOCH" TYPE = "HAPPY" SWEARY = "NO">
<GENERATE LOCATION . . . . . GROVESNER CAFE>
<GENERATE TIME . . . . . . . VALENTINES DAY>
<CALCULATING . . . .>

Here is your story, Mr. Chris.

STRUAN'S BEST DAY
=================

Struan Murdoch sat by himself in the Grovesnor Cafe, looking at his all
day breakfast.  He wasn't looking at his breakfast because it was lovely
(even though it was), he was looking at it because he didn't want to
raise his head.  You see, the rest of the Cafe was full of couples in
love - it was Valentines day.  And Struan didn't have a Valentine, only
a sausage and two eggs left.  "Oh, it's not fair!", he said to himself
"when will someone fall in wove with me!".

"But everyone loves you Struan", said a little voice from below.  Struan
looked at his plate - his two eggs and sausage had taken on the shape of
an all day breakfast face.  It was talking to him!  "Can't you see
Struan, everyone loves you because you're great!".  "Weally, all day
bweakfast face?  Then why wont anyone sit down beside me?  Why Why
Why?".

"Look again, Struan".  Struan looked beside him to see a very pretty
girl who handed him a daffodil.  "Will you be my valentine, Struan?"
"No", he said.  The girl ran away crying.  Another girl, even prettier
sat down beside him and gave him a love heart balloon.  "Struan, will
you be my valentine?".  "No" he said.  She ran away crying too.  Yet
another girl came and sat down beside him.  This girl was rather plain,
with lank hair and spots, and she smelled bad.  "Will you be my
valentine, Struan?".   "Yes I will!  Let's go for a walk in the park!",
shouted Struan.  He was delighted.

Just as they were leaving the all day breakfast face grabbed Struan with
his fork hand - "I have to know", he said, "why did you knock back those
two beauties for this boiler?".  "Simple", said Struan, she's the chef
here, and I like all day breakfast more than I like girls!

They both had a laugh, then Struan scoffed the rest of his meal before
leaving.

END

>Logout

Hmm, needs a bit of work but getting there,

God bless you and keep you,
Christopher