Sinister: B&S in Basingstoke library!

Kevan Cooke fatslug at xxx.com
Thu Feb 11 16:08:51 GMT 1999

The Tagliest of Tags spoke thus:
> I'm in London, and tonight I'm going to meet the
> Fluffy one cos she's in London too.

Ooh, I think I might go too, but I don't know if I can
be bothered because I'm on holiday this week, and it's
a lazing around at home doing nothing type of holiday.

I was lucky enough to enjoy the company of the most
crushable fluffy star yesterday though, and we
investigated the drinking holes of Guildford.  The
Mambo Bar sounded promising, and had bright colourful
swirly lights and tropical trees inside, but the music
turned out to be Celine Dion instead of cheesy
loungecore.  Bah!

And while I was out I got an email from the Helen
Shapiro fanclub!  In fact I got about twenty emails
from them!  All to help with the John Schroeder
website that I am inexpertly working on.

What lovely people, I'm so glad that no-one else has
heard of John Schroeder, apart from me and the Helen
Shapiro fanclub.  He wrote "Walkin' back to Happiness"
you know.  What perfect pop song that is.

I just went to the library and there was a big display
in there with all the Brits nominee's names and little
accompanying biographies.

I guess once you get your name pinned to the wall
everywhere from the Basingstoke library to a New York
launderette you do qualify as being a pretty well
known band.  I don't think that Megan was being
precious though, in fact I agree with what she said, I
do want B&S to be hugely successful and for as many
people as possible to get a chance to enjoy their
music, but there's still a little part of me somewhere
inside that feels kind of...

I guess a suitably twee analogy would be releasing a
fox cub you'd rescued back into the wild.  You know
it's got to happen, and it's the right thing to do and
everything, but part of you still wants to keep it
just for you, and cuddle it, and kiss it, and I'd
better stop there hadn't I?

Kevan
The Fat Slug