Sinister: Nick Drake and Jude

St�phane sburon at xxx.fr
Thu Feb 11 16:41:15 GMT 1999

Hi List...

Just wanted to add something to the Drake thread, since i've got nothing to do
and couldnt even hear/see this documentary you're all talking about..

RAnder3567 at aol.com wrote:

> "Replicating Drake's
> sound isn't the goal of his disciples, though the band Bell and Sebastian's
> "The Boy With The Arab Strap" at times sounds so much like Drake that it's
> easy to think they've dressed up his old recordings with synthesizers and
> drums."

Here is what was written in Magnet, two months ago: "Murdoch hadnt even heard
Drake before his name started popping up in their reviews. 'Stuart said I'm going
to have to hear this Drake character' says Colburn... 'He didnt really dislike
it, but he didnt go buy an album, either"
That's it...

And now a question: has anyone heard of Jude? I just heard a song by them, and it
sounds really really good.. I thought they must be fans of Belle and sebastian...
Un fortunately, I couldnt find their album yet.

Cheers

Stephane