Sinister: territorial pissings

Lee lee at xxx.uk
Fri Feb 12 10:01:24 GMT 1999

Arrrgghh the email demons wont leave me alone.

The nights are getting lighter, good news for us seasonal depressives and
Vampire Slayers. Anyway, I haven't been able to get to grips with new events
in the world of Belle and Sebastian (due to the afore mentioned demons).
>From what I gather from you lot is that there's going to be a brand new
album, a brand new old album, and a brand new 2-track single (that isn't
very good?, how come you've heard it?), as well as a looper album, and a
Gentle Waves album. Is that right?

Did the Jeepster people get whips for Christmas or did they just lock the
band in a cupboard under the stairs until they wrote an album each? Anyhow a
commendable work ethic.

I hope all this is true (the release part, not the whips part). I've never
heard anything off tigermilk, just to lazy to join the tape trees that come
and go I guess, and I don't trust any of you either, Mrs Murdoch told me all
about you internet perverts, you might stalk me or something :o). So to ME
tigermilk  is going to be a NEW album, that means I get something that many
of you will miss out on, well sort of.

I've also head talk of a Peel session, or have I missed that? I hope not.

Now on to other matters...I like the 'wrong girl', and 'the gate' by the
way, and I think without everyone in the band doing what they do then they
wouldn't be Belle and Sebastian, my favourite song at the moment is Century
of Fakers: StuartM is clearly a very talented singer/songwriter, and Isobel
and Stevie also sing great backing vocals on that song. What I like best is
the second guitar parts, surely this earns stevie some respect (however if
it wasn't him who plays this... STEVIE OUT, STEVIE OUT.) I like the bass
lines in all the songs, and the drummer (whatsisname) is an unsung (except
in TIJAMRS) hero of mine, I don't own any other records with trumpet solos
on so thumbs up to Mick, I'm not sure about the recorder though, but why
not?
In conclusion Stuart Murdoch is not Belle and Sebastian, not to me anyway:
think Gestalt, it helps.

And another thing while I'm at it. I'm not a new fan, and I'm not new to
this list, I wasn't their in the beginning but I wasn't far behind. You see
the thing is I don't mind new fans and I'm not precious about music, there's
more important things right?. Yet I don't want people to call me a new fan
if Belle and Sebastian make it big (or bigger at least), i think it's human
nature, I'm not usually nasty and territorial. The question is what can you
do to prove you were here before the people cared (childish I know), not
much really. No one will believe you when you say I was there in 1995, it's
like Nirvana at Reading, Woodstock, Spike island. We need a secret
handshake, something easy to remember because I'll forget.

Well I'm off to check out the jeepster site to discover what I really should
know. Then to the RodCam to get my kicks. Oh one more thing, what's the best
'hefner' stuff to get, and what's the best 'built to spill' stuff to get,
it's about time I brought a new record or two.

lee

Question 1. (In a new series of erm..Questions).
What do Belle and Sebastian have in common with SaltnPepper (the rap group
not the stuff that you sprinkle on your soup) ?

It's not a crime to know the answer!
Answers on a post card to the usual address.

P.S. Is/Was Sensitive Stan Stuart D taking the piss?