Sinister: We're all going on a summer holiday (sort of)

Ailsa Ross ar981611 at xxx.uk
Sat Feb 13 12:20:32 GMT 1999

Firstly can I apologise to everyone who took offence at my little
Megan-directed outburst.  The problem seems to be that things are a bit
open to interpretation and I totally misinterpreted.  I have had my
knuckles rapped a wee bit from a few of you - I do apologise.  The last
thing I want to do is offend anyone, it would kind of defeat the object
of everything I have said so far.

But the main thing is .. THE GREATEST FESTIVAL IN THE
WORLD......EVER!!!  Conclusive proof that Stuart still wants us all to
come out to play.  Too big/busy/popular to come to list picnics?
Organise a list holiday camp!!!  This is a band that cares.

WeeJay, how can you say that you'll be going on your own?  You may
travel and enter on your own - but you'll have lots of us when you get
there.  I can't imagine a better festival to go to alone.  I mean, I
know precisely one person on this list and I don't know if he's going or
not, and that still makes us two people short of a chalet but I would
not miss this for the world!  "It only happens once a lifetime, make the
most of it".  I'm cancelling my Easter holiday in Dublin in order to
affrod to go to this, but this is the sort of thing you HAVE to do,
isn't it?

Aranxta, this is your Mallory Towers dreams come true - we can have
midnight feasts and go swimming after dark and have lashing and lashings
of ginger beer (OK wrong book, but right sentiments I think) and it'll
just be the most fun ever.  Right?

See, I can post without moaning. I'm so happy, and I want it to be
Monday NOW so I can buy my ticket and get all excited and stop worrying
about whether I will actually get a ticket or not.  I'm scared that the
whole world will go and I won't get a ticket.  That won't happen. It
won't. Will it?  I don't like this waiting thing, although it does give
me an opportunity to find some chalet chums!!!

I'm off to dig out my bucket and spade and practise "Oh I do like to be
beside the seaside" a lot (I had to sing that on stage at my primary
school once dressed in a swimming costume when I was about six.  It was
so humiliating!  Teachers can be so cruel).

Bye bye

Ailsa xx