Sinister: B&S Weekender Angst

David Moore Daf_Moore at xxx.com
Sat Feb 13 20:58:12 GMT 1999

Hi All,

Someone (Tag?) was surprised at the lack of immediate reaction to the
announcement of the Al Bowley Festival. There could be many explanations.
Stunned amazement amongst them. For the serious B&S obsessive, attending
could be pretty akin to crashing a party held by our heroes for their
mates.

Lack of reaction could also be due to lots of Sensitive cardie-wearing
soul-searching: "I spend all my time in my room listening to my
Tigermilk/Tigerjammies tapes. My best friend is my Study At Stow tee. How
can I get it together to find at least 3 people I could dare show my pants
to in a hi-de-hi chalet? Even if I can get that far, what would they think
of me and the cuddly fox I take to bed each night, that I stuck cotton wool
to the paws of to look like it had been romping in the snow?"

I guess other considerations are the amount of dosh, and how can one get a
ticket for what is (especially post-Brits) likely to be a heavily over
subscribed bash.

Also, would a slaphead looking like they've had the tonsure be allowed into
a Bowlie gathering? :)

Homage to Catalonia: ¡Muchas gracias! to Rafa & Isa for the Pastels and
Migala tapes that arrived a couple of days ago - they're great.

Gently Waving Farewell,

David Moore
Chelmsford, UK