Sinister: Something odd...

Mew817 at xxx.com Mew817 at xxx.com
Sun Feb 14 05:57:41 GMT 1999

Hi everyone

First of all, it sounds as if this festival is going to be loads of fun.
Gosh, what a great idea it is!  I wish I could go, but I live in the States
and can't afford to go...It would be such a great way to meet some of you...

Anyway, on to the weird thing I just read:

My sister just gave me her February copy of Harper's Bazaar to read, the one
with Madonna on the cover....  Anyway, in the Media/Quick Takes section, there
is a bit titled "Who says men are from Mars?"
It says: "Love lost, love found, love tortured.  The songs that make our
Valentine's Day mix tape this year come from our favorite sensitive men."
Then they go on to mention Foo Fighters, Quincy Jones, Tevin Campbell, Ron
Sexsmith, Gomez ("The Tex-Mex band Gomez hails from Sheffield, England, but
its song 'Tijuana Lady,' (Bring It On) evokes tequila sunrises", Kenny
Lattimore, Olu, and finally Hefner (" 'A Hymn for the Postal Service'
(Breaking God's Heart) shows that grungy guys have feelings too."
Some of these people I have never heard of...it's pretty interesting to see
Hefner and Gomez mentioned in Bazaar...their descriptions make me laugh!
"Grungy guys!" -Ha ha!

Take care
mew x