Sinister: Sorry if my english is baaaad...

david kitchen - jeepster shop at xxx.uk
Sun Feb 14 10:02:21 GMT 1999

Stéphane wrote:

> It's me, again. Three posts in two days, waouh... This time, I wanted to
> ask a silly question to David and / or Katrina: it must be very silly
> since nobody has asked it before, but my english is not so good and
> there's something I'd like to know about the festival. You say its from
> 23rd to 25th : does it mean sunday 25th included??? I mean, will there
> be gigs on sunday night, too? Well, that was it.

we know for sure that you can check into your chalet on friday afternoon and leave
monday morning. what we don't know is exact running orders and how these will pan
out over the weekend, we do expect gigs to happen on sunday night though.

dave cohen wrote:

>         although very much a longshot that i could make it
>         to the festival [we live in hope]...
>
>         couple queries:
>
>         where is the holiday centre in relation to say, London?
>         an how best to get there from central london or possibly
>         heathrow?

jeepster is going to put a page on it's site giving ALL the information we can lay
our hands on, this will include maps of how to get there, maps of the site,
running orders, etc. but you'll have to wait a biot for that. in the meantime i
can tell you that the site is near hastings on the south east coast of england.
the easiest way to get there is to go to bournemouth and then get a coach or
minicab to carry you there. it's a lot easier if you're flying into gatwick
airport, since that is already halfway between london and brighton. if you're
flying into heathrow it'll be a long slog getting to the site, so you might want
to stop off in london for the night to sleep before heading to victoria train
station and going south to brighton.

a good idea if anyone is driving from or through london would be to pick up other
revellers, or hire a car to carry your chalet's worth of people. at least that
would remove all the travelling problems and give you the ability to head into
town on saturday morning should you need it. 2,600 people is not that many, so i'm
sure the parking would cope (it's free i think) and because it's a proper holiday
site i'm also sure that there won't be too much congestion on the roads around the
site (unlike glastonbury!).

>         also, what will the procedure be for getting tickets as
>         a group?  will they only be sold in blocks of 4, 5, 6, or 7?

yep, they're sold in this way because that is the range of chalets available. it's
like booking a hotel room, the per-person rate may be £85, but you have to book
and pay for a room at a time. also, because the 4's will probably sell out the
fastest, i guess if you're wanting one of them you should get yourselves together
pretty damn fast.

>         if, say, i have a group of 3-6 other people willing to
>         put up with my chatter about blue clocks green and phil ochs
>         for the weekend can i simply order my ticket and 'register'
>         for a room with those specific people?  or does a representative
>         of the group book for the whole group?

i would guess that you don't have to give personal details of everyone in the
chalet, but that one person books the chalet and then you all check in together.
this is how it's always worked when i've been to butlins or it's ilk. this is also
why sharing a car from london or something suddenly makes sooo much sense.

remember you can use the message board on the jeepster site to help arrange all of
your travel details. once the jeepster info page is up, we'll put links to train
timetables, car hire places (that we think are cool and reasonably priced),
brighton mini-cabs, etc.

cheers

david

     VOTE FOR BELLE & SEBASTIAN IN THE BRIT AWARDS FOR BEST NEWCOMER
          http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/reception/britsvote.shtml

                  david kitchen : jeepster recordings ltd

                         http://www.jeepster.co.uk/

                         mailto:shop at jeepster.co.uk
 jeepster recordings ltd, 217 canalot, 222 kensal road, london w10 5bn

       with the words 'subscribe news' in the body of the message