Sinister: B&S new album and E.P.

Richard Connell richard.connell at xxx.com
Mon Feb 15 15:45:25 GMT 1999

Robin Stout wrote:

>Whilst bridging that long,
>lonely void between lunch and tea, I was looking at the music pages
>on channel 4 and, bizzarely, they had a piece about
>the new B&S album.

Yeah, the bloke who does the music page is a a big b&s fan, i spoke to
him on aol a few months ago. He abuses his position as impartial
reviewer to mention them as much as possible, which is cool.

Also, i've just got back from america and i have to say US radio and
telly are absolute arse. I'm amazed that any of the american listees
have even heard of any good bands let alone the wonders of the belles.
Every time i switched to mtv it was matchbox 20 or some similar shite.
The radio waves were full of golden oldies and vh1 american style is
even more aor than the english one. Dont get me wrong, im not slagging
off americans. quite the opposite, im praising the ones on this list.
To discover good bands among the dirge clogging up the airwaves in the
states deserves erm, something. Sorry, just got distracted and
completely lost my flow. You get the idea anyway. Still, america's a
top place, really enjoyed my stay there and hope to go back soon.

On the plane on the way there i saw phil cornwell who plays michael
caine and others on stella street and used to be the voice of gilbert
the alien. On the plane back i saw Boris Johnson. Who? you ask. Do you
remember the journalist who was on have i got news for you who got
joked about for offering to beat up another journalist for darius
guppy? the upper class twit one? If you do then it was him. If you
dont then sorry for wasting your time. On the way to get to my seat i
made sure to 'accidentally' bump him as i walked past. Just my little
way of 'giving it' to 'the man' as i hate journos, especially posh
ones with no grasp of reality.
Still, i can add them to my list of crap celebs ive seen (tommy boyd,
a bloke from londons burning, fella from the pot noodle ads, eddie
temple morris) I much prefer them to real celebs. I have more fun
remembering and recounting them than i do about seeing big stars like
jarvis cocker or mark owen or god.

Anyway, more than enough codswallop for one day. I blame jetlag.

Cheers,
Rich

ps Whilst in the US i got an elliot smith album either called KIll
Rock Stars or on the Kill Rock Stars label (or both). Can anyone tell
me anything about it?

np - eric satie - gymnoperdie (bringing a little culture to the smut
and cardies)