Sinister: man shaped bolus

Joss Moorkens JMoorkens at xxx.ie
Mon Feb 15 15:52:17 GMT 1999

Re: PJMiller's tale of Massiel;
Ahh, such memories of Michael Robinson, formerly of Brighton and Hove Albion
as he managed to score 4 times in 24 appearances for Ireland. He scored 12
times for Liverpool in 83/84, but nonetheless this televisual moment sounds
like the fitting highlight to a wonderful career. I don't know about any of
you, but I'm quite excited about this whole festival lark. Warrander tells
me that there will be large breasted ladies and mud wrestling onstage with
Cornelius. And I believe him. Do you think they allow cameras? As a result
of this vital information, it appears that I shall be making my way to the
South Coast as part of a 22 man posse. We shall be wearing leathers and
combing our hair with flick combs bought from a souvenir shop at Mont St
Michel. Now there's a thing. Why would people go to Mont St Michel to buy a
flick comb? I mean... I can hardly argue with the logic, having purchased
one myself, but personally, I'd have had grave reservations otherwise. Does
anyone else remember the Boomtown Rats video where he combs his hair with a
flick comb? He was trying manfully to look dead hard, like. He hadn't even
bothered to use the Dax first. No wonder he was a shite DJ.

This will also mean another chance to see Mercury Rev. Their attempt to play
every venue in Dublin is currently underway with news of their 3rd visit in
the last couple of months. Ideally, this will lead them to play in
Slattery's, home of the original Thin Lizzy mosaic logo mirror. It's
cunningly positioned on the way to the jacks, so if I can nab them on their
way past, I can take photos and sell them for millions. I may try to collar
Stuart David into paying the mirror a visit when this Looper thing happens
next month. If anyone called him twee, out would come the Thin Lizzy mirror
photo. Then the boot would be on the other foot.
O yes.
Joss