Sinister: B&S new album and E.P.

Marie Elia eliam at xxx.edu
Mon Feb 15 16:58:26 GMT 1999

hey, kids...

in reference to the assertion that the US media is "absolute arse",
i'd have to say that i mostly agree.  mtv and vh1 aren't worth
talking about (mtv's best programs are sunday nights, midnight to
3am because of 120 Minutes and Amp -- they show the wicked video!),
and most radio stations are victims of top 40 rotation.  what you
didn't find, though, are the lovely little indie stations, college
stations, etc.  really, discovering new bands is a matter of
using/abusing the internet, reading every little zine and music mag
that comes along, and sharing tapes with friends.

and as far as the elliot smith goes, it is probably his self-titled
album on the killrockstars label (lack of an actual album title
might lead one to the conclustion that kill rock stars is the
title).  although the label does various compilations (shifting the
words in the label name about to make fun little phrases like rock
stars kill, etc... try it, it's fun!)  anyway, elliot smith is
amazing amazing amazing.... especially this first album....

um, b&s content:  sadly i am not jetting across the ocean for this
wonderful festival... although i will be spending my spring break
(march 20-28) in london!  if anyone has advice or suggestions as to
Things/Places I MUST See/Go, esp. record stores and such, let me
know!  it will be me and my two lovely housemates -- three wide-eyed
girls spending a week in a foreign city with no real arrangements
for places to stay/sleep.

okay, take care, kids...
xo,
marie