Sinister: What ever happened to the list crush anyway?

Martin Horsfield mart at xxx.uk
Mon Feb 15 20:37:54 GMT 1999

I've been away for a little while, but Valentine's Day inevitably
brought me back to the list. Does anyone else think that traipsing all
the way up to Watford (well Harrow) with a wee present for a girl I
barely know now looks a bit sad in the cold light of day? Still, there's
always Camber Sands to look forward too. I'm a bit perturbed by David's
last, rather chaste posting; shouldn't we all be bonking like rabbits
down there? It'll be like Glastonbury with sprung beds, dodgems and
glitter. Well, here's hoping.

Before that though, Sinisterines, a date for your diary. Chris T-T and
the Duckyfuzz play with Matinee at Club V Upstairs at the Garage,
Highbury on March 6. The gig coincides with the release of T-T's first
album, 'Beatverse', and there will at last be some news around then as
to who's going to be releasing our stuff (I'm the bassist in Matinee, by
the way). While we're on the meglalomaniac tip, there's still time to
check the bargain bins for Streamline's 'Best Un-Herd' British,
currently our only recorded product. Kind strangers are now comparing us
to the Go Betweens and The Man From Delmonte but judge for yourselves:
The dates, a new guestbook and snippets of a new song, 'Thoroughly
Modern', are on our site at
http://www.members.tripod.com/~the_embankment

Oh... and in my CD player: Dan Penn and the BMX Bandits' 'That Summer
Feeling', 'XYZ' by Moose, 'Astronauts' by Stephen Duffy, 'Good Humor' by
Saint Etienne, 'A Night At The Opera' by Queen, Ed Ball's 'It's Kind Of
Lonely Where I Am' and Hole's great version of 'It's All Over Now Baby
Blue'.

Guess I should go practise :-(

Martin, Matinee