Sinister: sighing good-looking sighs

Pulpbot at xxx.com Pulpbot at xxx.com
Tue Feb 16 04:14:06 GMT 1999

Frothing collectors:

Ya'll in the D.C metro area may want to drop by Vinyl Ink in Silver Spring as
there are two B&S bootlegs gracing their racks. One was something taped off
Radio One and another, um, I forget the what and wheres. A British concert
maybe? I think the Radio One bootie had an interview and an alternate version
of Lazy Line Painter Jane. Both were about $17. Last one in's a rotten
trainspotter.
I scored a promo copy of Cat Power's Moon Pix for about $5; ripped it from the
hands of my gullible companion, I did. Sooooo amazing! I hear she recorded it
after a break-down at a New York concert. It sounds like the melancholy that
strikes after another 3 a.m. visit to the local Wal-Mart. Beauty in trailer
parks and oily roads and sticky children and crushes on car mechanics.
Speaking of melancholy, the almighty Washington Post mentioned B&S in its
review of that Nick Drake biography today. Just stuff about shy popsters B&S
carrying on his legacy, and what not.
And anyone contemplating seeing "Rushmore," you must, must, must go! Pathos
and idiocy and Bill Murray in Budweiser swimming trunks. The guy playing the
main character looks like the Make Up's roadie. He'd win the list crush
contest, hands down, yo momma if you think otherwise.