Sinister: help the aged: Outsider art tonight on TV

Horszowski teurling at xxx.de
Tue Feb 16 18:09:23 GMT 1999

Hello everyone!

A documentary about art, poetry and cafés that struan himself made
recently will be broadcastet tonight on TV in Germany. And you just
can't find a single bloke over there to tape it for you. Cool down, it's
not true, it's not true!

But seriously: I met a slovenian student who is really the biggest Pulp
fan I've ever known (or can imagine of). And tonight, there's that
documantary of Jarvis Cocker called "Outsider art" in UK telly... On
Channel 4 at 23.00, as he told me (Hope I didn't misunderstand him
completely and it's a radio show. how embarassing would that be..;-)).
He's on the Pulp list, but he couldn't find anybody to do a tape. I
really don't like the thought that he might not get anything - so I ask
you listees in the UK to do me the big, big favor a tape (or a copy of
one, if you need the original for your own) for me/him.

I don't want to offer you just any crap trade for payment (though your
cost will be refound, naturally), if someone cares it would be a great
pleasure for me to send something that I really like. Lesley Jo
mentioned Eric Matthews recently - shame on me that I didn't send her
Valentines greetings for it. I once bought a promo copy of his whole
first LP though I just own it both on CD an vinyl, 'cause it's so
wonderful. I kept it since for special present... As I did with the
Moose album "live a little..." which was mentioned as much as it
deserves in the past here on the list. Ore some other things..

Here are so many French people on the list - I wonder why there is not
more talk about the wonderful Pop groups you got there. I don't want to
start any boring namedropping here- the post gets too long anyway - but
I absolutely have to mention Autour de Lucie with their classic first
album "l'echappée belle" which is still my personal most-loved pop
album. Wonderful accords of pure guitars, a certain light of melancholy
on every song, an absolutly lovely, clear female voice which never gets
sentimental and leaves the space for the emotions in the harmonies of
the songs themselves. And so are the lyrics..Oh, I think now it's me
who's getting a bit too sentimental. But when I saw Belle and Sebastian
in Amsterdam and Brussels, I just knew this feeling of a constant smile
in my face from the Autour-de-Lucie concerts in Belgium.
Stéphane, when I once visited your Twee-Site, I felt home when you
listed them under your best recent concert experiences.

So - to come to an end - this was my first post here, but I've just been
here for ages. I shoud introduce... I'm Ralf and from Aachen in Germany,
which is only 40 km away from Liege, where you can find all this great
french records which are hardly unknown on this side of the border.
If anyone got curious and would like a tape or an other form of copy -
help the aged, please.

See you soon again, Ralf

P.S. Who was the person who mentioned Mercury Rev here for the first
time? I owe you one of my best concert experiences ever...
P.P.S. Elena in Düsseldorf and Alex in Heerlen, sorry for beeing too
quiet too long - I'll mail you soon.