Sinister: Is Winter Woofkie really a song title?

Mick McMick * Sandcastle Records bp224996 at xxx.edu
Tue Feb 16 23:04:38 GMT 1999

Hm...
	Personally I'd say no, but then I recall the name of their last album.
It's still funny to consider, though. Maybe that'll be the name of the
fourth album. What the hell is a woofkie anyhow?
	Well, I really shouldn't be writing this, as I should be doing what I
am required to spend 90% of my time on: developing & printing
photographs. Argh! No replies to personal e-mails in probably two weeks.
Sorry about that all of you who know what I'm talking about. Likewise
sorry to those I owe tapes to...
	So, Loneliness will be the single, eh? I'm quite pleased, I can't
imagine a better single. If there are no Stevie songs on the Winter
Woofkie, where will Wrong Girl go? Hm, who knows...
	Isn't it interesting to note, though, that they seem to play lots of
songs which later appear on EPs before official release, and most of the
songs they record on albums are not on sessions, etc. Just an
interesting overgeneralization, nothing more.
	To the person who commented about US TV & Radio, I think you might like
to rephrase that. You must, of course, mean the musical shows/channels
on US TV, right? I mean, we do have an awful lot of crap on TV, but who
can knock the country which came up with Space Ghost Coast to Coast,
Dexter's Laboratory & The Tick? Plus, I've been surprised by some shows
I found interesting on VH1. Namely that program where they track down
members of old (mostly 80's) bands and say where they are now. I was
pleased to watch segments on both Thomas Dolby and Dexy's. Another part
of the appeal is to see how sad some people have become. Some member of
some new wave groop was saying how he did soundtracks to pornos, but
that it was "not what you might think," and that he only did music for
"classy," pornos. A clip of the intro of one of said "classy" pornos
yielded an opposing observation by myself. Too, most of our radio sucks,
and I say that as a music director. But, you must not overlook our many
wonderful "oldies," stations.
	Incidentally, I am not all that surprised to find that Stevie is a fan
of Booker T & the MGs. In fact, I was listening to said oldies radio one
day last Christmas, and a song came on and I could swear it sounded so
much like B&S, what with that organ & all. Well, more like B&S than most
stuff on oldies radio anyway =P  A questioning of my mother yielded that
it was most likely Booker T. & the MGs. It wasn't "Green Onions," but
it's not on the album I picked up by them either. I heard it again last
week, but you know they never tell you what songs are playing, or in
most cases, the bands either.
	So in summation, B&S won a Brit, huh? Well did they give a speech or
anything? "This is for all you lovely people on the Sinister List," or
something of the like? Or maybe "This is Pish, I'm leaving."

 /"\_/"\_/"\  Mick McMick/Sandcastle Records <<->> bp224996 at ohiou.edu
 \         /  Sandcastle Records Homepage:                ICQ#5056758