Sinister: brits press release

Sam Norman snorman at xxx.uk
Wed Feb 17 13:16:00 GMT 1999

please forgive me for posting twice in a day but i've just got this,
which is the press release from the brit awards about our favourites

BEST BRITISH NEWCOMER

     The Best British Newcomer Award at the 1999 BRIT Awards has gone to
up and coming
     indie stars BELLE & SEBASTIAN.

     The eight-piece band from Glasgow released their debut album in
1996. Their acclaimed
     third album from last year - 'The Boy With The Arab Strap' - made it
to Number 12 in the
     UK album chart.

     The group's award, voted for by listeners of Radio 1, was presented
by Fun Lovin'
     Criminals' singer HUEY and Radio 1 presenter ZOE BALL.

     Belle & Sebastian were ranked third favourite to win the award with
15% of the poll
     prediction vote, after 5ive (38%) and Another Level (19%).