Sinister: storm in a teacup.

Marie Elia eliam at xxx.edu
Wed Feb 17 15:38:38 GMT 1999

someone's post today mentioned looking back at this and seeing it as
a storm in a teacup...  i looove that phrase!

anyway, good morning, sinisterites....
it is morning here in the eastern US.  it's funny -- all the fuss
over there in the UK, and no one here (at my wee liberal arts college
in pennsylvania) has heard of belle&sebastian, or the brit awards.
so while i've been walking about with b&s on my headphones, smiling a
secret smile thinking of our beloveds winning the award, it's funny
how little this has affected the people around me.  i can imagine all
you kids over in england and scotland and such, getting sloshed in
celebration and watching various and sundry interviews and videos on
the t.v., meanwhile back at the ranch (yeah, western PA) people go
about their business as if nothing has happened.

perhaps kimmy and i should have our own britaward party this weekend?
we can pick up a jug of wine and watch the wicked video over and over
again, since that is the only video that has made it over here, to my
knowledge -- although perhaps we can catch the looper video.... and
we can make collages with the various magnet and cmj and spin
magazines lying about on my floor!

okay, kids -- take care,
and i guess i should jump on the bandwagon and say
P!r!O!P!s! to belle&sebastian!!!!!!

xo,
marie