Sinister: Brits, Shit, uh Maybe

Martin Horsfield mart at xxx.uk
Thu Feb 18 21:42:27 GMT 1999

Hiya Listers

Well, it seems like my last post never got to you (damn you Mr Gates and
your 'hot'mail) so after the Brits euphoria, a quick reality check.
Like, how are the kids from Matinee (London's most sensitive Man From
Delmonte soundalikes, apparently) gonna get to this Camber Sands gaff?

Myself and Michael (the well cut fringe of the band, we like to think)
are gonna buy tickets and we reckon we can convince a couple of loony
girl friends to come along for the ride (or hopefully do the driving
while we talk about pop music and eat Ginsters pasties, arf!). Thing is
we'd like some randomness. Like where are the kids from Slampiece when
you really need them? Toronto, probably. Go on, leave some saucy
messages on our guestbook and boost our ever-flagging self-esteem in the
run up to my birthday and our first ever Saturday night outing, Upstairs
at the Garage, London on 6th March.

We live at
www.members.tripod.com/~the_embankment

but you may also like to contribute to

www.subcult.demon.co.uk

and if you're really nice, I'll give you the URL for the Peel Bell, the
funniest thing on the Internet since that picture of Carol Vorderman
with (sniiip).

Actually I really must stop all this whoring around on behalf of our
little band. It's like getting your mum to send you a Velentines Card
(and even she forgot this year, too busy necking on with that Wigan
Rugby fan from the over-60s, I shouldn't wonder).

Anyway, ta for the positive ID on Richard Colburn this afternoon,
Katrina. That had the top brass at 'heat' magazine well stumped,
unsurprisingly enough. And congratulations on the Brit. I hope Monica
Queen's smiling to herself and drinking a red wine or two somewhere in
the West End. We miss her and Johnny in these parts, especially at this
time of year.

In my CD player all day today: Big Calm by Morcheeba, the Wattstax live
LP, Tales From The Mouse House by Coco & The Bean, Bring 'Em All In by
Mike Scott and My Mouse Baby (5 track CD single) by leonard. Tomorrow?
Could be more Northern Soul, The Lanterns, the Tom Jones box set,
Kaleida and New Order. Got to raise more than a smile on my birthday
weekend, after all... Anyone fancy karaoke down the Aquarium in Old
Street with the City wankers? It's just a thought.

see ya then, Martin, 27
cack-handed bassist, Matinee