Sinister: SPOTTED! The column that keeps you in touch with the stars!

The Brown Star jossm at xxx.ie
Fri Feb 19 07:52:37 GMT 1999

SPOTTED out on the town last night was THE VERVE singer Richard Ashcroft
with RICK COOKE of press darlings BELL AND SEBASTIAN. This reporter can
exclusively reveal that 'Cookie' will be laying down some tracks on the new
THE VERVE album, due in your shops in Autumn. RICK (pictured above with
DAVID BOWIE and SIR ALASTAIR BURNETT) also told me that his band are
donning the make up sticks for their new glam rock direction. "We're
planning on each releasing a solo LP this year with our new images on the
cover. We feel we can succeed where FREHLEY, CRISS, SIMMONS and STANLEY
failed." The night ended with a bang when LIAM GALLAGHER of OASIS and his
new loudmouth sidekick CHRIS GEDDES of BELL AND SEBASTIAN gave their
trademark two fingered salute, which brought the house down. Rumours of a
spat with a photographer as they left are unconfirmed as we went to press.