Sinister: If you thought �85 was expensive...

Michael Jones tourajsig2 at xxx.com
Fri Feb 19 12:09:54 GMT 1999

... then you obviously haven't checked out Ticketweb.

Just had a dry run through the ordering procedure on their web-site,
and it would appear that the buggers add no less than a 10% service
charge on each ticket purchased - I assume this applies to Camber
Sands, so we're talking $93.50 a go.  I gave them a quick ring to
confirm this and it turns out that, over the phone, it's *16%*.
Fucking outrageous by any standard; that's an extra hundred quid on a
7-berth chalet if you call them at noon on Saturday.

The woman fielding the calls didn't attempt to defend this practise
('well, they pay me £500 an hour to answer the phone, so the money's
got to come from somewhere...'), but seemed pretty surprised at both
the relatively small number of tickets on sale (I guess she hasn't
quite grasped the fact that it's a Pontins camp we're talking about
here, not Woodstock) and the fact that no other agencies seemed to be
involved in selling the tickets.

So - be warned, tonight and tomorrow's ticket frenzy is going to cost
us all a little more than we expected...

Mike.